Basic Marksmanship Safety Activity Information
This number includes Cadets and Senior Members.
Basic Marksmanship Encampment Information
The 75th Basic Marksmanship Encampment has been scheduled for the May 17th, 18th, and 19th 2019.
This event is a LCCS squadron fundraiser, and will be held at the Centralia Rifle Club by the Lewis County Composite Squadron. This is an official NRA Junior Division program that allows cadets to fire and qualify with .22 caliber rifles.
Talk to your fellow cadets that wear the NRA badge on their Dress Blues and ask how much fun they had. It is a great weekend.
Event Schedule Overview…
· Friday Arrival for Cadets begins between 5 PM and 6:30PM- Sign in will be open up until 7:30 PM when the NRA class will begin. The Cadets will be staying at the Centralia First Christian Church, 1215 West Main St Centralia WA – Sign in will take place here as well
· The NRA led class is a comprehensive lesson in firearms, how they work, how to handle firearms safely and how to identify different firearms, ammunition and the types of actions on each firearm.
· Friday the Cadets will have a snack, finish their class and have some time to get acquainted with their fellow cadets, Cadet Staff and Senior members. They then head for bed.
· Saturday will be a long day with the Cadets up early and after breakfast they are off to the Centralia Rifle Club and spend the day shooting on the range.
· After a long day of shooting the cadets will have the opportunity to swim at the pool located next door to the Centralia Rifle Club.
· Saturday evening the cadets will have activities and the New Shooters will take a test of their knowledge gained.
· Sunday the Cadets are up early, pack all their gear and head to the range after breakfast and cleaning up the Church. At the Range the cadets will we have church service/character development class then shoot until about noon and then go to lunch.
· After lunch the cadets will participate in a graduation ceremony at 2:30PM. Cadets will be released from the range after the ceremony.
BMSA Project Officer
Daniel A Whalen, Major CAP
Lewis County Composite Squadron